NuGet

Jun 14, 2012 at 6:07 PM

Will you be making this available through NuGet?

Coordinator
Aug 17, 2012 at 12:27 AM

Short answer, yes. This will be eventually be on NuGet.

The long answer, is that there's two things that are currently blocking it from being put on NuGet:

1) NuGet's support for portable is currently lacking. There's no way to indicate in a NuGet package that a binary is portable to a variety of platforms. While I can put portable binaries in the individual platform folders, this isn't enough from this project because portable projects need to reference these binaries. This is known by both teams (portable [my team] and NuGet), and we're currently working on making it better. Hopefully (crossing fingers), support will make it next release.

2) This library is still very incomplete and untested on platforms that are not .NET and hence I've yet to release binaries. In the coming months, it will become a lot more complete, and I'll start dropping some binaries.

Nov 9, 2012 at 9:37 PM

This thread's a few months old now, so I'm interested in whether NuGet has better support for PCL nowadays, specifically around referencing platform-specific assemblies from application projects.

For example, I might have a class library project which is portable and only needs to reference Portable.Runtime.dll and Portable.Security.dll, but any WPF app that references my assembly will also need to reference Portable.Desktop.dll. Can NuGet enforce that?

Coordinator
Nov 14, 2012 at 5:59 PM

NuGet does have better support and does support the scenario you called out. You would put Portable.Runtime, etc in the portable folders indicating that they are supported for WP7.5, NET 4.0, Store apps and Silverlight. And then have platform-specific folders for the platform-specific libraries (Portable.Desktop, etc).

The platform-specific projects shouldn't get any references to the Portable.Runtime, etc as these are not meant to be consumable by them.

Apr 14, 2013 at 4:28 AM
I'd sure like to see this available on NuGet.
Upvoted https://pclcontrib.codeplex.com/workitem/12627
Jun 11, 2013 at 8:50 PM
The latest NuGet release (2.5) seems to now include everything necessary to make this possible - http://docs.nuget.org/docs/release-notes/nuget-2.5

Any change this might happen soon?
Aug 4, 2013 at 8:21 AM
Any news about this ?

Thanks.
Dec 19, 2013 at 11:28 PM
I'm super-interested in this as well. If you could please do this it would be awesome!